Reflection #3

Thoughts on Essay One 

pen-and-paper-cartoon-703477

Every year I attend this packaging party which allows me to give back to my community. It hurts me because I know that there is only so much that I can do as a college student and not having any political power. So I took this as inspiration to write about poverty for essay one. I found two articles debating whether or not the government is or is not a solution to poverty. While developing my outline and working thesis– I held the mindset that “yes, the government is a solution” but in the end due to the article who opposed my whole thoughts about the situation had changed. This author wrote his article using compelling evidence and examples that appealed to me as a reader, but at the same time cogently allowing the reader to take in mind the people who are affected. 

Writing this essay was not that difficult for me, but I did hit a few potholes. Some being writing my introduction and finding a way to make sure all of the content flowed smoothly. I found that having a fully completed outline helps make your paper better, which I will utilize for future projects.

Overall, this essay advanced my ability to follow the steps of the writing process fully, employ traditional rhetorical modes, and even writing in a neutral perspective.