Expert Interview

Completed 11/12 at 4pm over Zoom

Interviewee is a personal acquaintance.

1. What types of services did you attempt before attending 1-1 coaching?

I attempted several services including multiple support groups and a 12-step group (AA), as well as attempting recovery on my own. I currently attend virtual 1-1 coaching sessions as well as therapy.

2. What has your experience been with your current 1-1 coaching service?

Although this is my first experience using a 1-1 coaching service, I have enjoyed it and have continued to use the app for over 6 months. I have a weekly session with my coach who I can continue to message outside of scheduled sessions.

3. What are the cons or deficiencies with your current 1-1 coaching service?

My current service is a bit pricey, and it took a few coaches before I found my current coach who suits me. As well, I currently only have one weekly virtual session with my coach, and I don’t have the financial option for more weekly sessions. The app can be a bit clunky but there don’t appear to be better options at the moment. 

4. Do you believe this service has aided your current recovery journey?

Absolutely. I don’t enjoy support groups, in-person or virtual, it’s a waste of time. Coaching fits in my schedule and is focused on me personally, which keeps me focused on my own progress.

5. Do you plan on continuing this service — or would you prefer a different service?

I do plan on continuing the service as long as it remains affordable, however, I would switch if I found another service suited my needs better. If it had a more streamlined app, more choices of coaches, and ability to better keep in contact with my coach, I would like it a lot better.