Never Give Up

David Weatherfold once said, “Life requires overcoming challenges and obstacles of many types. Battling our struggles determines who we are.” In 2020 I lost my job and with that a lot of ambition and drive to reach my goals of being a Real Estate Agent. I was uncertain of what the future would hold as Covid-19 swept through our nation. Life isn’t normal and it sure isn’t easier but I am stronger. Giving the world the best version of me takes daily management and self-care. I now challenge myself every day to stay motivated and work hard. 

Balancing work and school life is very important to me. I exercise, meditate and take up hobbies to maintain peace and balance in my lifeAs a full-time student and small business owner, I practice organization and cleanliness to maintain my self-

care. Animals are also known to reduce stress and provide a better overall mood. My Olde English Bulldog is named Cash and he is very important to me. After a long day, Cash is always open to hear about my day and cuddle.  

My goal for 2021 was to find a better job than the one that I lost. I used professional pitch I developed in business writing to land a job at CVS Pharmacy as a Store Manager in Training for the Summer of 2021. Upon graduation I will move into a full-time role as a Store Manager. This role is perfect for my career because it is a stepping stone to learn budgeting, leadership, scheduling and business. My CVS District Manager also said one day I can do Real Estate for CVS Corporate Offices, as I progress in the company. 2021 has taught me never to give up and that little progress can lead to a big result.