Be the Change

Kathy Calvin once said, “Giving isn’t about making a donation. It is about making a difference.” When we give back, we not only affect change in ourself but in our community. I love giving back to others because I know the feeling of needing a helping hand. I know what it’s like to want help but be afraid to ask. My mission has always been to help others in need and afflict change in Metro Atlanta.  

In January my partner and I started a donation drive to give back to woman and children in need. From January 24th to February 7th we collected children’s clothing, woman’s business attire, school supplies and shoes. Our community came together in support of our drive to give items. It is a great feeling to have a village of supporters who can band together for selfless acts. 

Once all items were collected, we donated these goods to goodwill in Conyers, Georgia. I am thankful to be able to make a difference where I  live. I want to be successful and as I go up I’d like to make a life of giving.