Georgia Tech: Under the Couch

The inside of Under the Couch room. Pic by Akira Durden

As I was walking around Georgia Tech’s student center, a room caught my attention. It is called “Under the Couch. Soon as I walked in, I saw blue, orange, lime green, and black bean bag chairs. Two white students were sitting in the bean bags. There is a stage with six black speakers. There is also a long wooden table with five navy blue chairs.

A poster inside Under the Couch- Pic by Akira Durden

On my right, it was a big colorful sign that said “Under the Couch”. The “U” has yellow angel wings on it with a small yellow halo. It also has a red heart inside of the “U”.  It has red 1994 to infinity under the “U”. There is a long black and blue couch with green and smoky gray pillows.

The left side of the room. Pic by Akira D

On my left, it was a green and burgundy couch with green pillows. There is a girl with a pink head covering sitting on the burgundy couch. There is a wooden table made of colorful flyers, stickers, papers in front of the couches. It had a black and

A wall full of papers. Pic by Akira Durden

white sticker on the table that said “Heartless Romantic”. There is a blue, green, and gray couch beside the burgundy couch. It was a girl with a black and gray plaid head covering sitting on the couch. Above her is a wall full of papers. It had different writings on the papers.