Rhetorical Analysis (1/26/23)

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/blacks-white-racism-united-states-polls/index.html

I believe this news article speaks the most to me about a huge problem we see in America today. There is a massive division on how different races see racism as a whole and how they are treated in America. This news article has data that portrays how Blacks and Whites see how they are treated in America. According to this news article, “An overwhelming 87% of black Americans say black people face a lot of discrimination in the United States, but only 49% of white Americans say the same thing” (Struyk). This article uses the application of Logos by providing the facts and statistics of the American people; significantly for the American people to deliver better insight into the real problems people like myself face every day. This quote also applies the element of Kairos by publishing this article at the perfect time when the Charlottesville event happened. This communication piece communicates with me because some people are truly oblivious to the other side of how badly one can be treated. Stereotypes are only a minuscule problem in the bigger picture but they still manage to affect people like me by tossing us to one corner and telling us the only thing we’re good for is the stereotype the race has. The mistreatment is the much bigger picture that my parent has faced by being rejected of certain jobs and being neglected as a person that does not fit in. The harsher treatment by the police has also been a huge problem. The other side does not see this problem as often so they have a whole different picture of racism.