Narrative-Fresh Start (1/17/23)

Much like Evelyn’s story, I too have had similar social struggles in the past. I used to be shy and nervous in new social situations with people I have never met. I believe this began in the 5th grade, when I started going to a new school I had never attended. In the past I always was in my comfort zone with people I had seen every day, so socializing with them was no problem. Now the scene had changed completely. I knew absolutely no one at this school so my shy and nervous tendencies began to shine. One day I had enough of being nervous and always having the fear of messing up and making everyone dislike me. I realized that everyone was exactly the same and there was truly nothing special about them that I did not have as well, and that anything I said or did would easily be forgotten about in a week or so. I would soon gain the confidence to be myself and started to talk to just about anyone. This level of maturing or acceptance that I am worthy of being liked and accepted is what has helped me to leave my fear of messing up in any social situation.

Man Having Conversation Vector Illustration Stock Illustration - Download  Image Now - Discussion, Talking, Two People - iStock