Please understand that these links may change on a semester basis. To be updated on the correct application form and volunteer form, please refer to our OrgSync website.
To be eligible for membership, candidates must be enrolled student at Georgia State University. Members can be undergraduate or post-graduate. However, post-graduate members must be currently enrolled in the GSU Biology program.
• Biology Club: There are no GPA requirements to join. Students of all majors are welcome. Members may participate in all TriBeta/Biology Club activities.
• TriBeta, Eta Psi Chapter: This is an honors society affiliated with the National Organization. All members must be biological science majors.
• Associate Member: Members are associated with the local chapter only and upon graduation cease to be Tri-Beta members. Members may participate in all club activities and are encouraged to join as associate members until they reach eligibility for regular membership. Potential members must be biology majors that have completed at least one course of biology (2000 or above) and have a 3.0 GPA in their biology courses.
• Regular Member: Members are lifelong members and may vote at National Conventions. Also, members may wear the Tri-Beta cords for graduation at the local chapter. Requirements for membership are for students to be biology majors that have completed three upper level biology courses (2000 and above) and have at least a 3.0 GPA in their biology courses and a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
• Tribeta Biological Honors Society and the Biology Club will not deny membership on any basis prohibited by law, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
To be fully accepted as member for the TriBeta Biological Honors Society or the Biology Club, membership dues are required. Dues must be paid in full; no payment options of smaller increments are allowed. Membership applications and dues also must be submitted together.
• Biology Club: A yearly due of $25 is required for acceptance.
• Associate Member: A one-time fee of $50 is required; then an additional yearly fee of $25 must be paid to maintain membership. The yearly fees must be paid the year after the one-time fee has been paid.
• Regular Member: A one-time fee of $60 is required; then an additional yearly fee of $25 must be paid to maintain membership. The yearly fees must be paid the year after the one-time fee has been paid.
• Membership fee shall cover the food costs of each meeting, and also including Honor cords.
• TriBeta T-shirts, honor cords for graduating active members, rental car for special events, and other costs can be reviewed by the President, Treasurer, and faculty advisor.
Active Membership Status and Volunteer Hours
• To be considered an active member, 10 points of community service must be earned per semester or 20 points per year. Also, 0.5 point can be obtained by attending each meeting. 1 hour of volunteer service equals one point.
• The volunteer forms must be turned in at the last meeting of the semester to get credit. Members who fail to get 10 points of community service a semester will be put on probation and will not be eligible to receive any club benefits (including graduation cords) until they have made up their missing points. However, probation can be waived upon the approval of the President if the member provides a legitimate reason for their lack of volunteer activity. Though probation may be waived, the member is still responsible for make up all missing volunteer points from the previous semester.
• A signature of an officer that is present at the volunteer activity is required to officiate the hours of service. If an officer is not present, the signature of any director or coordinator of the volunteer program will be accepted.