Blog Post #5: Statement of Interest

My name is Kate and I am interested in taking on the role of copywriter in our upcoming service learning project.

I am the perfect fit for the copywriter position because written communication is one of my strongest skills. I am nearing completion of a Bachelor of Arts in English with a concentration in Rhetoric & Advanced Composition. My major is all about writing and I have spent my college career polishing my craft through courses like Editing and Business Writing. In my Business Writing course, I practiced writing commonly used business documents such as memos and emails in various professional scenarios. I also contributed to a grant proposal for CrossWalk USA in partnership with a classmate who is involved with the organization. In my Editing class, I contributed to a large-scale service learning project (60+ pages) for The Virtual HR Director, LLC. I practiced editing documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, factual accuracy, political correctness, and layout. I feel my experience in editing as well as writing sets me apart as a candidate. I am also proficient in Microsoft Word and blogging platforms and am organized, reliable, and punctual.

I am easily accessible most of the time through phone, text, e-mail, or skype. I receive e-mail updates through my phone and can always give a fast response. I am not currently in the workforce and do not care for any other individuals so you can get in touch with me almost any time of day. I do commute to campus but all my friends live in Atlanta therefore I am near campus quite often. Otherwise, I have a personal car that makes travelling to meet easy.

I hope you will consider me for the position of copywriter.