Blog #5: Statement of Interest for Copywriter

My first preference for a team role is the copywriter position because I am an English major focusing on rhetoric and composition. The classes in which I am enrolled will add value to my assignments, my team, and most importantly, our clients.

Every week, I must submit 500-words to a discussion board in another English class in addition to the 500-words that we must submit in technical communications; that is a minimum of 1,000 words per week for only two of my five classes. Therefore, I have acquired proficiency in writing by producing a great deal of quality work in a timely manner. I am also currently enrolled in practical grammar, and I have been chosen several times to help my peers in class and have volunteered to tutor outside of class. Another course in which I am enrolled that is beneficial to the copywriter position is business writing. Most people associate business with power-hungry corporations, but we need to remind ourselves that programs, such as Whitefoord, Our House, and Moving in the Spirit, are businesses as well. Therefore, we need to maintain communication in cordial manners appropriate for business. These experiences have made me a well-rounded candidate for the copywriter position.

Moreover, I have kept several samples of my work that I wrote at my previous college, including one research paper that qualified me for the Southern Regional Honors Council Conference as well as the Florida Collegiate Honors Council Conference; both at which I gave presentations of my research paper. You can also view samples of my writing in my blog posts: The Lack of Ethics in Resumes and Why It’s OK and When Does It Pay To Be Creative.  Also, I am familiar with the structure and content of annual reports from my role as an honors ambassador at my previous college. I still have access to the annual report as a reference for future intensive and extensive writing assignments.

I have kept two letters of recommendation: one is from my former honors director, and the other is from my former English and linguistics professor. Both have Ph.D.’s in English, and both have said in their letters that I am detail-oriented and have strong written and verbal communication skills. I will be very happy to provide those letters by request.

This semester, technical communications has been my top priority primarily because of the considerable amounts of time-sensitive work. This is advantageous because I will have my part of our service learning project ready every time assignments are due within group deadlines and class deadlines. Also, Not only am I punctual when submitting my work, but also when I am scheduled to be somewhere (i.e. I have never been late to class).

You may call for any questions, but text messages and emails are the quickest and most effective ways to reach me. I am willing to meet on campus outside of classroom hours, online via Skype, and in Buckhead or anywhere within 15 minutes of Buckhead.

I am confident that, with my skills, I will produce written content and deliverables that are most accurate and coherent to my knowledge in order to help my team succeed in supporting our clients and their goals.