Project Three

“ The Essence of the Sun”

Objective

The Final self-designed Portfolio is an opportunity to demonstrate your technical and conceptual capabilities while exploring a topic that has meaning for you. The primary goal is create a body of work that is visually and conceptually consistent. Think of it in terms of a series instead of individual photos. This Project is entirely sculpted by you. You decide the subject matter, the presentation and the context in which it will be seen. You write a statement that speaks to your artistic objectives and adhere to a timeline that you have crafted.

Spring has always been such an interesting season : As cold Winters melt into Spring and birds sing. Flowers bloom and pollen begins to spread its regime. In this moment the essence of Spring is in the air and the weather is fair .
– Samuel Johnson

Artist Statement

Something about sunflowers has always been very interesting to me. How they stand taller above most other flowers and still have a radiant about them; making sunflowers my favorite flower . Since spring has sprung , I wanted to capture the beauty of a sunflower. I titled this project “ The Essence of the Sun”. I personally feel like the beauty that the sunflower illuminates is as magnificent as the sun rays on a hot summer day. Throughout this entire project I honestly felt like I was trying to capture the sun. Almost seeming like an impending light running away but you want to capture the moment and make it last forever. I wanted to show sunflowers in a totally different way. 
     Throughout this whole process I try to always put the sunflower as the focal point. I found stickers that emulated sunflowers , I Took a lot of pictures of knick knacks and trinkets with sunflowers on them,  I set sunflowers on fire and I played around with lighting to make sure the sunflower was up front and seen the most. The way that I chose to present this is in the scrapbook. Scrapbooks initially mean something that will last forever that you put time into. Throughout this whole project I learned that “The Essence of the Sun” is the feeling of forever young.

The Process

Presentation