Built environment Description 1

September23

The Beltline of Atlanta serves as a great cultural connector for many diverse groups of people. In these photos I was exploring the area near the Krog Street Market. Since I was riding a bike, I was not able to take in as much of my surroundings as if I had been walking, but I still saw and participated in the community that has taken shape on the Beltline. The Beltline is relatively new, less than a decade old, and as of now is still uncompleted. It is a 30 year project, and its design is being manipulated quite often depending on the public’s opinion and ideas they have for it. So far, the Beltline includes art, an arboretum, markets, houses, and people that make this place come to life and really give it a personality as the Beltline. The Beltline is characterized by easy access, as its purpose to link various places and items so that people can literally walk outside, walk down the Beltline and get what they want and/or need. It is a very novel idea, and one that is being replicated across the United States cities are seeking to revitalize their old unused areas and put them to work for the people. It is very exciting to be on the Beltline, there is so much color and so many people exercising or just going about daily tasks like picking up groceries. The Beltline has really put people in closer proximity to what they need, which is essential for the people who live in the city. The Beltline itself is not very advertised, mostly only the locals of Atlanta know about it. It is not designed to be a tourist destination, but rather a venue for those who live in the city to get around. Where there is people, there is culture, and because the Beltline facilitates so much traffic, the environment is a canvas to express themselves and make it into what they desire.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: