qmcclain2's Blog

Just another Georgia State University site

Oakhurst Community: Exterior Description

February13

childrens bench

While visiting the Oakhurst Community I came across a small bench in front of the Community Garden.  To me this garden represents the sense of community Oakhurst has. The bench seems to be decorated by young children from the neighborhood. The bench itself looks very unique in how it is made. This bench gives the community a sense of family and youth. The bench shows that the community desires their residents to feel as though they belong and have an input in how the area looks.

real mural

In the center of the Oakhurst community, I was astonished and delighted to see the mural above. This particular mural filled me up with joy because it was nice to see a community promoting a happy environment for children. This mural in my opinion represents being active and it gives me a glimpse of how the people view their neighborhood. The mural presents happiness, joy, and peace within the community. The mural make the community feel like an actual community and not just strangers living side by side.

clean up dog sign

As I walked around the Oakhurst neighborhood I noticed this sign. This gave me the idea that there must be a lot of people who own dogs in this area. This sign showed to be the value the Oakhurst neighborhood has for itself and the people who reside in the community. The sign is a reminder to the people who there who have dogs to clean up behind them. Although this is the law I understand that most communities do not have this small luxury of a kind reminder. This sign is a small gesture that makes the community look more organized and pleasing to the eye.

universal joint menureal universal joint

Universal Joint, was one of the many small restaurants that I viewed in the center of the town that particular day. There were many stores, restaurants, and small businesses in the area. This was an opportunity to understand what kind of taste the community has. The Universal Joint is a family friendly pub with five star reviews. This location was very clean like the community itself. The Universal Joint seems like a town favorite and original place to dine.

community mailboxes

This is a picture of the mailboxes that are owned by the residents who live in the Oakview Gardens Apartments in the Oakhurst Community. These mailboxes represented the two different types of lifestyles in the community. In most of the community, the people have house that vary in size but others live in small apartments. The mailboxes represent how certain people are forced to live a certain way. The mailboxes allow no personalization and creative freedom like other mailboxes I seen in the community.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: