Fermentation Core FacilityNSC 480
Georgia State University
Our fermentation core facility is equipped with a sterile in place (SIP) 20L and 30L stainless steel BioStat C (Sartorius Stedim, Göttingen, Germany) stirred-tank reactor (STR).
The bioreactors are equipped with factory temperature, airflow, and foam sensors in addition to these attachable sensors: EasyFerm Plus K8 B120 (pH) (Hamilton, Reno, NV), InPro® 6050 (Mettler Toledo, Columbus, OH) dissolved oxygen sensor (DO), optek Fermenter Control with a real-time optical density (OD) probe (optek-Danulat, Germantown, WI).
All collection ports can be actively steamed using pharmaceutical grade steam from the Mueller Pure Steam Generator (Paul Mueller, Springfield, MO).
In addition to the bioreactor, the fermentation core facility has these equipments ready for use:
- Biopat MFCS/WIN (Sartorius Stedim, Göttingen, Germany).
- Axioskop Microscope (Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, Germany)
- NesLab CoolFlow CFT-75 (ThermoFisher Scientific, Waltham, MA)
- Carr Pilot Powerfuge (Pneumatic Scale Angelus, Stow, OH)
- Purified Water
- Pure Oxygen and Nitrogen Tanks w/ Reactor Hookup
Utilization of equipment will require training and supervision by the head of fermentation facility.