A positive mental attitude is one of the greatest keys to any successful endeavor. You must remove the word “cant” from your vocabulary, from your conscious and subconscious vocabulary, and reprogram yourself with an I-will-not-be-denied attitude. this can-do thinking will take you where you want to go. We all need to be grateful for the body we have, even if you are presently obese or overweight. Accept yourself, forgive yourself, and love yourself daily, and you will eventually change your autopilot to weight loss. Here are several can-do confessions:
- I forgive myself for gaining weight; I accept myself and forgive myself.
- I can lose weight and I am losing weight every week.
- I commit now to removing all junk foods, sugary foods, and tempting foods from my house.
- I commit to eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
- I commit to practicing portion control.
- I commit now to practicing mindful eating.
- I give my body what it needs and not what it craves.
- I commit now to a regular physical activity program.
- I see myself weighing _____.
A big part of a positive mental attitude is having a plan.
- Drink 1-2 quarts of water daily, beginning as soon as you wake up.
- Exercise 15-30 minutes daily, with a good walk in the morning.
- Repeat your can-do confessions morning and night.
- Follow your eating plan.