A summary of King’s “Better Online Living through Content Moderation” article

MediaHandlerWhen people think of the internet they usually think of social media or search engines. While it is probable that you will come across something that is unpleasant to you, that fact does not keep you away from using the internet. Yes, it is hard to avoid seeing offensive things on the internet because everyone is able to post what ever they want; however you can filter the post or sources that you see in order to avoid an unpleasing moment. While some people may do this out of personal beliefs or morals, a lot of people do this because those odd posts actually trigger unpleasant feelings and reactions that are often linked to PTSD.

The act of filtering information is referred to as “content control” in this article. All content control is filtering the post, images, videos, etc. that appear on the websites you use. Filtering will limit the type of media that appears. While many view this as trying to have a “safe zone” to try to limit stuff just to prevent someone’s feelings from getting hurt. This is sometimes viewed as negative because it appears as trying to limit someone from expressing their opinions just because it is offensive to someone. However, “nobody should be required to read or listen to content if they do not want to”, especially if it is hazardous to their health.

Some post trigger certain feelings in people that trigger stress or anxiety attacks. “Content control is helpful in limiting the worst of these attacks, which themselves can cause PTSD if severe or long-term enough.””Without controlled exposure, someone suffering from PTSD is likely to have their trauma magnified rather than reduced when faced with triggering content.” Many people believe that PTSD is only a disorder that results from war or military trauma. Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 12.21.02 AMThat is not the case. Due to the fact that a lot of people are bullied or harassed online, PTSD can result. “[T]he fact is, threats of violence online can be a cause of PTSD in and of itself.” PTSD can result from online harassment because a person is constantly being threaten or mistreated.

This is why content control is so important. Content control is not just a form of blocking out unwanted posts, but also away of protecting one’s mental state. Through limiting the amount of negative posts someone views it could reduce any unwanted feelings.

68 Responses

← Previous Page 2 of 2
  1. SEOBacklinks at |

In the fast-paced world of social media, the number of Twitter followers one has can have a significant impact on their online presence. Whether you’re an individual looking for personal branding or a company looking to expand its reach, the concept of buying Twitter followers has gained momentum. volgers kopen twitter

Reply
  2. 토토사이트추천 at |

Thank you so much as you have been willing to share information with us. We will forever admire all you have done here because you have made my work as easy as ABC. 토토사이트추천

Reply
  3. 슬롯사이트 at |

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free 슬롯사이트

Reply
  4. 온라인카지노 at |

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy looking for attention 온라인카지노

Reply
  5. 머니맨 at |

I wish for the great of success in all of our destiny endeavors 머니맨

Reply
  6. 바카라 at |

Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates 바카라

Reply
  7. SEOBacklinks at |

In the diverse landscape of India, where travel is an integral part of our culture, TPC Gifts is setting a new standard for travel accessories. luggage tags

Reply
  8. 스포츠중계 at |

Thank you so much for sharing this Informative article with us. I really love the way of your presentation. Please keep sharing more 스포츠중계

Reply
  9. daftar slot777 at |

I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post daftar slot777

Reply
  10. 온라인홀덤 at |

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. 온라인홀덤

Reply
  11. SEOBacklinks at |

If you’re in the market for wood pellets, you’re in luck. Wood pellets have become increasingly popular as an eco-friendly and efficient heating and grilling option. firewood for sale near me

Reply
  12. 해외축구 중계 at |

hi sir you have written a very important something. I like your every point you dropped 해외축구 중계

Reply
  13. 카지노사이트 at |

Hi buddies, it is great written piece entirely defined, continue the good work constantly 카지노사이트

Reply
  14. SEOBacklinks at |

Join the Botogon trading community to engage with like-minded traders, share insights, and collaborate on strategies to enhance your trading journey. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced trader, our community provides a supportive space for continuous learning and growth. forex robot

Reply
  15. SEOBacklinks at |

Welcome to our esteemed online store, the premier supplier of psychedelic plants and medication since 2009. 4 aco dmt buy

Reply
  16. Harry at |

very nice post, i definitely enjoy this fabulous website, persist with it teslatoto

Reply
  17. 먹튀폴리스 at |

This is a very interesting article. I hope you will continue to visit and share information.
    먹튀폴리스

Reply
  18. SEOBacklinks at |

온라인카지노에서는 최고의 바카라사이트, 카지노사이트, 그리고 슬롯사이트를 경험해보세요. 우리의 플랫폼은 안전하고 신뢰할 수 있는 게임 환경을 제공하며 있으며 카지노커뮤니티에 정보를 실시간으로 받아 보실수있습니다. 슬롯사이트

Reply