Midterm Reflection

With completing all of the assignments so far, I have learned a great deal about the subjects of the assignments I have done. The readings about the homeless informed me about their lifestyle. I also enjoyed the articles about gender because I did not realize there was even an issue there. My writing process and research are definitely different in this class from past classes. In the past, I have not really gone to a site to take notes and do the research. Instead, I have gotten my information from sources like articles or books. My writing process is different really only because of the type of writing we are doing in this class. We are doing more summaries and analysis than writing about past events or making arguments.

Primary research is more interesting to me than secondary research because I get to go out and find the information myself. I have learned from this class that the better the research is, the better the writing can be. The assignments that I have done so far will help me do a better job on future assignments because I feel like I have a better idea of what is expected. 

This is the first time I am posting my work like this, and i’m not quite sure if I like it. The posts that I have created have been written with the intent of my peers and professors being the audience. The information given in my posts could help inform the reader more about the topic of the post. Also, the integration of multimodality has allowed me to be a little more creative with my work which I do like.

I feel that I can show I understand what I am reading and also that my writing flows well. I know I need to work on portraying the meaning in articles better and more accurately. Being a little more detailed couldn’t hurt either. Other than that, I find the quizzes very helpful because it gives incentive to read. My effort put into this class could definitely improve, I need to work on completing all of the quizzes instead of only some of them. I plan to work on starting on assignments earlier because I have been somewhat of a procrastinator. I also need to try to add more details and images, specifically to my summaries. So far, I have not really struggled in this class, and I am enjoying the research part of it.