What does an Annotative Bibliography have?
- Annotation shows Summary description of the sourced what is its purpose Shows this source is relevant to your bigger research topic
- Main idea
- Perdue yes, easy bib no
- Annotative Bibliography 10 or possibly more
- Composed of Individual summaries but interconnect in an Annotative Bibliography
- Read all summaries into a bigger topic
- Maybe has a historical context
- As your revising you want to look at all of these things
- The last few questions answers how it relates to our topic and relates to other bibliography sources
- Summary what is the appropriate level of detail; claims and evidence
- Findings or arguments say what observed in the study
- Why and how is it relevant to the built environment
- Reliability and credibility of the source
- Is this something I have to explain to my audience?
- Is this opinionated? ..is there enough evidence to show this isn’t an opinion or limited?
- Bias …only added if there are limitations
- Images …have to also cite it but if you take your own then you do not have to
- Connecting with the audience with pathos, logos ..rhetoric forming a connection with your audience
- Describe what is in the image, to what is in the topic
- Author’s and audience matters
- Visual interpretation (how it is documenting something that happened one time and can be a literary expression) …… IMPORTANT IN COLLEGE TO USE
- Use multimodal, maps, images of built environment, how visuals can help you
- Difference between a tag and a category …..categories – what it is (ex. reading summary) ;Tags- what is it about (ex. nersessova)
One thought on “Class notes 2/22/2016”
I love that you had the idea to make a post out of class notes! This is a great way to keep updating your blog between posting the required assignments!