After you pay the special $40 fee for SHRM National membership (usual cost is $180), you receive free membership to the SHRM at GSU student chapter (usual cost is $40) and to SHRM-Atlanta (SHRM-Atlanta is waiving its $40.00 student membership fee for SHRM at GSU members only). For only $40, you have membership to three SHRM organizations. SHRM-Atlanta also offers student rates for their meetings and other events.
Student Chapter #5046
- Go to SHRM National Student Resources
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your SHRM National ID number, full name, mailing address, phone number, GSU student email address (required), and expected graduation date.
- We will inform SHRM-Atlanta of your SHRM at GSU membership. You will need the SHRM-Atlanta membership number (different from your SHRM national number) to register for SHRM-Atlanta events.
Careers in HRM
HRM Professional Organizations
- Society for Human Resource Management
- SHRM Atlanta
- SHRM Executive Network ( Human Resource Planning Society)
- Association for Talent Development – Was ASTD: American Society for Training & Development ATD Atlanta ATD Students
- WorldatWork – not-for-profit professional association for compensation, benefits, & total rewards
- International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM)
- International Personnel Management Assessment Council – (IPMAAC), which is the leading US association in personnel assessment, provides interesting Internet resources (e.g., positions, reading room, table of contents of journals, etc.) regarding personnel selection and assessment.
- Occupational Information Network (O*NET) O*NET contains comprehensive information on job requirements and worker competencies.
Hot Technology — a technology requirement frequently included in employer job postings. NEW FEATURE
- Human Resources Specialists
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Distance Learning Coordinators
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Training and Development Managers
SHRM at GSU Members at the SHRMAtlanta Chapter Meeting