Atlanta Image and Information

FullSizeRender
This here is an image of a building located on Luckie Street in Atlanta, Georgia. Luckie Street has immense significance to me, specifically during my adolescence, because I had spent my best memories at the Tabernacle, a local concert venue that hosted a multitude of my favorite alternative bands. From The 1975, to The Neighborhood, and then some, I had experienced a celebration of music, diversity, culture, and individuality all inside one venue. Luckie Street, in plain sight, is a road – a simple method of transportation from place A to place B. But as one wanders along this street, one can overwhelmingly notice the vivacious energy and alternative atmosphere that emanates down the cracks of each sidewalk. I am fortunate enough to have had the privilege of spending my nights on Luckie Street as I embraced every bit of uniqueness that the street and the lively individuals filling the street had to offer. In regards to the story behind the photograph, the date was February 10th, 2015. I was standing in a tremendously long line, awaiting to see my undoubtedly favorite band, The 1975. In fact, I was so intensely dedicated to their music that I endured a five hour wait in what seemed like freezing weather just to get decent positioning in general admission. What I find incredibly fascinating today is that Luckie Street is now just a simple walk away from my dorm, as opposed to being forty-five minutes away (with minimal traffic). Essentially, a monumental aspect to my adolescence is now in my backyard – and I cannot be more excited for the upcoming events that will continue to shape my future. This, I know, can only be found on Luckie Street.

0 comments