How I learn..

Overall, I am a kinesthetic learner, which means that I am hands on and learn more from examples and past experiences. I sketched a photo of hands to represent this. When I am able to connect things that I’ve experienced with things that I have learned it is able to stick and I always remember. Things such as field trips, tours,  real life examples, pictures and graphs, finding solutions to problems, and real life experiences help me grasp the necessary material.  When taking notes I like to sketch photos of what I may be studying. They may be stick people with key words from my assignment coming from their mouths or a house full of vocabulary words and short definitions, just really whatever helps the information stick.  Also, when i take notes they are usually limited because too many words at one time makes me lose focus. Asking questions helps me understand the material better too. For tests or exams I make my own test questions and try to answer without multiple choices and if it’s essays I just constantly rewrite the essay to remember it. This way of learning has always been how I learned at my best. I’ve never been able to just listen to a lecture because I am usually easily bored and distracted.