My first semester with SIF is starting to come to a close. The search functionality for the Hoccleve Archive is almost done! Siting in the backseat for this project, I’ve learned a lot about back-end work for the archive. I helped clean up XML files alongside Zane Blalock, and shadowed the process of the others creating the JSON and Zane’s UI for the project.

As for the 3D modeling side of my work, I’ve been assigned four frames to start with! In this process, I’ve mostly struggled with texturing the frames. Originally, I spent quite some time modeling the frame, but fellow SIF, Jack Le, created a video showing us a technique with — although it took me more than 5 minutes to model — sped up the process a lot!

Things are starting to wrap up a little, and I look forward to the next semester!

Skip to toolbar