The IMSD at Georgia State invites applications on an annual basis from undergraduate students, mainly targeting individuals from underrepresented groups as defined below. Applicants must be ready to commit to meeting program expectations, including but not limited to those listed on the following pages.
- Undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking student in good standing at Georgia State University
- Major in biology, chemistry, neuroscience, or psychology
- Approximate sophomore or rising junior academic status at the time of application in spring semester
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident
- Individuals from demographic groups underrepresented in STEM fields are especially encouraged to apply (including those who identify as African American/African-descent/Black, Hispanic/Latino/Latina, Pacific Islander, Native Hawaiian, or Native Alaskan, individuals with documented disabilities, students receiving Pell Grant financial aid, and/or first generation college-bound students)
- All applicants must be highly motivated, hard-working, collaborative, and curious, with strong attention to detail and good time management skills