Below are sources for professional development for instructors:
- Tomorrow’s Professor (listserv for Stanford University’s Center for Teaching & Learning)–suggested reading–writing a teaching philosophy.
- Faculty Focus (a collection of topical articles on effective teaching)–recent articles.
GSU Library e-books on teaching in college:
- Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses, L. Dee Fink
- How Learning Works: 7 Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching, Susan Ambrose, Michael Bridges, Michele DiPeitro, Marsha Lovett, & Marie Norman
- Student-Centered Teaching–2nd edition, Maryellen Weimer
- Student Engagement Techniques, Elizabeth Barkley
- Teaching at its Best: A Research-Based Resource for College Instructors–3rd edition, Linda Nilson
E-books on higher education policies and problems:
- Higher Education in America, Derek Bok