Teaching at Georgia State–Tim Renick’s, Vice Provost and Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success, description of the challenges and awards of teaching at GSU.
First Day of Class–a video of how six of GSU’s best instructors begin on the all important first day of class (GSU username and password required)
Videos of Millennial freshmen at GSU discussing their impressions. These were recorded when we were still the Center for Teaching and Learning but the students’ observations are still quite relevant.
- Meet the Millennials (freshmen discuss why they chose GSU and their initial impressions, relationships with family, views on technology, and life goals).
- The transition from high school to the university (the expected and unexpected).
- Classroom experiences (large vs. small classes).
- Students’ perspectives of college.
- Students’ views of what’s stressful and how to handle classroom issues.