Georgia State University Conference on Digital Literacy
February 2-3, 2017
It is a pleasure to invite you to submit proposals for Georgia State University’s Conference on Digital Literacy. The conference is organized by the GSU Department of English and The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning and will take place at the Atlanta campus on Thursday, February 2nd and Friday, February 3rd. The GSU Conference on Digital Literacy is a faculty-organized event for Georgia State University faculty, students, staff, and administrators from any discipline or department who want to learn more about using and implementing digital tools to enhance teaching and learning. This open conference will provide an opportunity for professional development, community building, and critical conversation related to digital pedagogy and scholarship.
Topics of interest
- Are you a faculty member or graduate teaching assistant using technology to enhance learning in your classroom and want to share?
- We are seeking individual instructors and their students, from any discipline, to present experiences with technology in the classroom in a roundtable discussion format.
- Although we’d love to hear about your mastery of a particular digital tool or strategy we’re just as interested in hearing about critical insights, and your students’ experiences engaging with those practices.
- We strongly encourage proposals that include students as collaborators and roundtable participants.
- The content of your presentation can include digital projects you’re currently working on this semester and should highlight lessons learned and practicality of approach.
- Rather than long papers, we suggest alternative formats, including show and tell or poster-style sessions, workshops, and short position statements followed by extended discussion among presenters and attendees.
Guidance for authors
The deadline to submit abstracts is November 15, 2016.
To submit your abstract, please use the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/QdzPEP0MHidp1nuO2
Deadline for submission: November 15, 2016
Notification of acceptance: December 1, 2016
Conference dates: February 2-3, 2017
We look forward to seeing you at GSU’s Conference on Digital Literacy.
For any enquiries regarding the program, please contact: Robin Wharton
For all general enquiries, please contact: Ryan Pine