Greetings, Colleagues! As you may know, the 50th Annual AMATYC Conference will be held in Atlanta in November of 2024. The theme will be “Mathematics On My Mind”.
Nikita Patterson is the Local Events Coordinator for the 2024 Conference and she is looking for committee members to assist with planning, and volunteers to pitch in the week of the conference. A brief summary of some of the responsibilities for each role are listed below. Please contact Nikita if you are interested in either (or both 😊) of these roles.
Committee Members (ongoing):
- Preferably live in the Atlanta metro area
- Must become a member of AMATYC
- Finalize Atlanta Conference logo
- Read and review proposals (1 person)
- Identify and recruit 2 featured local speakers
- Hilton site visit in July 2023 with national AMATYC Conference Committee
- Plan local committee activities and table favors for the Omaha 2023 conference (Nov 8-12) to advertise Atlanta 2024
- Plan local Atlanta excursions, restaurants, etc., for 2024 conference attendees
- Write articles for AMATYC newsletter, gather information for 2024 program
- Plan the Atlanta Hospitality Room for 2024
- Volunteer as needed during the conference
Volunteers (week of the conference):
- Anyone in the AMATYC Southeast region states – AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and other Caribbean Islands
- Lead dinner groups
- Lead excursions
- Participate as ticket takers for Friday lunch, Saturday breakfast
- Place table favors
- Help attendees navigate the conference hotels and find meeting rooms
Respond to Nikita directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.