Department of Economics
Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
Georgia State University
404 413 0159 (office)
336 554 1390 (mobile)
P.O. Box 3992
Atlanta, GA 30302-3992
- “Optimal Policy Instruments for Externality-Producing Durable Goods under Time Inconsistency.” NBER Working Paper #17083. Revise and Resubmit, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
- “Air Pollution and Procyclical Mortality.” (with Christopher Ruhm). NBER Working Paper #18959. Revise and Resubmit, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- “Incidence and Environmental Effects of Distortionary Subsidies.” (with David L. Kelly). NBER Working Paper #18924. Under Review.
- “Time Preferences and Consumer Behavior.” (with David Bradford, Charles Courtemanche, Patrick McAlvanah, and Christopher Ruhm). NBER Working Paper #20320. Under Review.
- “The Impact of Air Temperature on Mortality, Morbidity, and Healthcare Cost in the Medicare Population.” (with Nolan Miller and David Molitor).
- “Consumer Learning and Hybrid Vehicle Adoption.” (with Erich Muehlegger). Forthcoming, Environmental and Resource Economics.
- “Impatience, Incentives, and Obesity.” (with Charles Courtemanche and Patrick McAlvanah). Forthcoming, The Economic Journal.
- “The Investment Returns of Nonprofit Organizations: Part I, Tales from 990 Forms.” (with Richard Zeckhauser). Forthcoming, Nonprofit Management and Leadership.
- “The Investment Returns of Nonprofit Organizations: Part II, The Value of Focused Attention.” (with Richard Zeckhauser). Forthcoming, Nonprofit Management and Leadership.
- “Subsidies.” In J. Whitehead, T. Haab (eds), Environmental and Natural Resource Economics: An Encyclopedia, Greenwood (March 2014).
- “Crowding Out and Crowding In of Private Donations and Government Grants.” Public Finance Review, Vol. 42, No. 2 (March 2014), 143-175.
- “Environmental Macroeconomics: Environmental Policy, Business Cycles, and Directed Technical Change.” (with Carolyn Fischer). Annual Review of Resource Economics, Vol. 5 (November 2013), 197-210.
- “How Should Environmental Policy Respond to Business Cycles? Optimal Policy under Persistent Productivity Shocks.” Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 15, No. 2 (April 2012), 244-264.
- “Does the Indexing of Government Transfers Make Carbon Pricing Progressive?” (with Don Fullerton and Gilbert Metcalf). American Journal of Agricultural Economics (Proceedings) Vol. 94, No. 2 (January 2012), 347-353.
- “Plant Vintages, Grandfathering, and Environmental Policy.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Vol. 61, No. 1 (January 2011), 36-51.
- Ralph C. d’Arge and Allen V. Kneese Award for Outstanding Publication in JEEM, 2011.
- “Analytical General Equilibrium Effects of Energy Policy on Output and Factor Prices.” (with Don Fullerton) B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy (Symposium), Vol. 10, No. 2, (2010), Article 15.
- Reprinted in M. Cohen, D. Fullerton, R. Topel (eds.), Distributional Aspects of Energy and Climate Policies, Edward Elgar (2013).
- “The General Equilibrium Incidence of Environmental Mandates.” (with Don Fullerton) American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, Vol. 2, No. 3 (August 2010), 64-89.
- “Testing Implications of a Tournament Model of School District Salary Schedules,” Economics of Education Review, Vol. 28, No. 1 (February 2009), 143-151.
- “Environmental and Social Service Charities: Private and Public Sources of Funding,” Proceedings of the National Tax Association 100th Annual Conference on Taxation (2007), 250-259.
- “Who Bears the Burden of a Tax on Carbon Emissions in Japan?” (with Don Fullerton), Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Vol. 8, No. 4 (2007), 255-270.
- “The General Equilibrium Incidence of Environmental Taxes” (with Don Fullerton), Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 91, No. 3-4 (April 2007), 571-591.
- Reprinted in D. Fullerton (ed.), Distributional Effects of Environmental and Energy Policy, Ashgate Publishing, (2009).