Bibliographic Annotation 8

Bibliographic Annotation #8: “Communal Commuting: What I’ve Learned From Riding Marta”

Maddux, Rachael, and KENDRICK BRIHSON. “Communal Commuting: What I’ve Learned From Riding MARTA.” Atlanta 53.2 (2013): 82-97. MasterFILE Elite. Web. 20 Apr. 2016.

This article is a day in the life that Rachel Maddux experienced whiled taking MARTA on a daily commute. She explains the purpose of her riding and the pros and cons her of her daily commutes. In comparison, she follows up with what the ride means to her and how she believes it has changed her ability to live life as a better person. It was valid to my argument because it gives a first hand experience and helps further my point that MARTA is a necessary form of transit that gives everyone a chance to commute and find work elsewhere, not just an immediate surrounding. I believe this was a well-wrapped article and lacked no weaknesses She developed a thorough built environment description and gave me a first hand feel of her daily travels. She then mentioned the pros and cons and gave some factual evidence to support the necessity of MARTA. I believe this will directly correlate with my writing and additional sources, because she drives home the point that everyone on MARTA should be treated equal and not of a lesser person.