from http://pastorstephen.tv

from http://pastorstephen.tv

When I first signed up for this class, I thought it was going to be  like the English class that I took last semester, but just more difficult. I thought that the entire semester we would just write a papers, do peer review, revise them, and turn in a final draft, because that was the type of writing that I was used to. The approach to writing in this class is actually more inspiring, because it allows me to be creative. There is not just one set format that I have to go by and that is what makes the difference in my writing. Doing my assignments as blog posts, makes the writing environment seem less strict and it gives me more freedom in my writing to express myself in the way that I want to do it. I like that I can add visuals to my posts, such as images and videos. A problem that I often find myself facing is having an image in my mind but not fully knowing how to make the person reading my work understand the image that I am trying to describe. With blog posts, it helps to be able to put a visual to what I am trying to explain.

There is also less pressure on me when I am posting and submitting my work because I know I have the opportunity to improve my work, based on the feedback I receive. In some of my English classes in the past, there were no second chances when it came to submitting work. The grade you received was the grade you had to keep and I never liked that policy. I have also been in classes where you turn in the paper and never see it again, with no feedback at all. I think that it is good to receive feedback and have that opportunity to better my writing, because nothing is ever perfect the first time. There is always room for improvement and I believe we should be given that second chance.

As a writer, I believe I am good at taking criticism and making improvements. I want to be able to do more revising my work in this class. That is one of the extra credit activities that I want to be able to do. The main reason why I am unable to submit revisions is , I am having trouble balancing the work for all of my other class combined with this class. In my other classes, I also write a lot, so it’s very time consuming to do some of the extra work sometimes,even though I want to. I think the reading quizzes are a good opportunity for me to earn the extra points because it takes less time. I have noticed that, I do not put enough time into some of the assignments for this class sometimes and that is something that I want to improve on, because I know that this class is just as important the other ones I have.

Now that I have done the assignments for unit one, I know what to expect, so I will try to complete the assignments way ahead of time before my other classes get in the way and things get hectic with my homework schedule. I am also going to work on my time management so that I can do more extra points activities, because they will be very helpful to my grade in this class and my writing skills.