Find out how to easily create visual dashboards that can help you find new ways to view and interpret your data, using Tableau. This hands-on event, sponsored by CURVE at the University Library, the Center for Instructional Innovation, and Decision Support Services takes place from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014 at CURVE in Library South.
The event will feature Dan Murray, InterWorks’ Director of Business Intelligence Services and author of the popular Tableau guidebook, “Tableau Your Data! – Fast and Easy Visual Analysis with Tableau Software.”
Online registration for the event is full, but we always have room for a few more, so stop by CURVE for the entire event or for just one session.
- 9:00am – Registration and Networking
- 9:20am – Joe Hurley, Introduce CURVE space
- 9:25am – Peter Lyons Ph.D, Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness presenting on “Effecting Effective Effectiveness using Data”
- 9:40am – Dan Murray, InterWorks’ Director of Business Intelligence Services and author of the widely-popular Tableau guidebook, “Tableau Your Data! – Fast and Easy Visual Analysis with Tableau Software.”
- 10:25am – Presentation by Will Kerr about on-campus Tableau training and Data Visualization user group
- 10:30am – Presentation by Jason Schumacher, Tableau’s Academic Marketing lead, on Visualization Analytics and Tableau for Teaching program
- 11:10am – Decision Support Services – Your Gateway to University Data: Presentation by Kathy Bryant-Bonds, Director of Decision Support Services at GSU
- 11:30am – Break – Lunch Provided
- 12:00pm – Presentation by Shawn Pfaff on 8 ways Universities are using Tableau
- 12:45pm – Dan Murray presents use case examples from multiple verticals
- 1:00pm – Tableau Desktop Stations
Please join us after the presentations for Q&A, individual breakout sessions, and demos.