Code Camp: Javascript – Session 2

Session two of Code Camp for Spring 2014 was another rousing success. There were a number of new faces coupled with plenty of returners discussing strategies for how to pass levels in Cargo-Bot.

Screenshot of Code Academy's Hour of Code Project

In this session we started our collective efforts on Codeacademy’s Hour of Code project for turning your name into a mess of interactive bubbles. We learned about strings, how to determine the length of strings, using numbers, booleans, variables, functions, and arrays all without breaking a sweat.

For the campers out there:

document.write(“total amount of time spent on this part of the session”.length < 30 minutes);

true

Screenshot of Code Combat

After finishing our project in Codeacademy, we spent more heads down time mastering the javascript functions for movement….through the adventure game CodeCombat. Killing ogres and beasts, and rescuing captured friends, Code Campers worked together to figure out the fastest ways to achieve tasks, and the beauty of copy and paste.

This helped prepare Code Campers for even deeper learning, and so the group headed back to Codeacademy to start the Javascript track of learning. As the day grew late, folks made their way to their classes, but most participants made significant progress through the Getting Started with Programming section of the Codeacademy lesson.

By the next class, we hope that everyone has a chance to finish that section and we will move into more collaborative work in our next session of Code Camp. We’d like to thank everyone for coming, and remind campers to register for our next sessions on our website.

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Code Camp, The Exchange
22 comments on “Code Camp: Javascript – Session 2
  1. Tyson Rock says:

Hey, you can found any type of the windows 10 related answers in this portal, easy to know how to get help in windows 10 operating system problems. thank you very much for using this site.

2. jack says:

Bob was my uncle. I only saw him at family gatherings once or twice a year in the 30’s. For some reason Mom never talked much about her baby brother. It wasn’t until Jenny started on her research that I began to understand that my uncle was a man towering above other men. Jennifer Bowman is my daughter.Condominio Santa Ana Village

3. carry says:

It is great that you do your best to reduce all the plastic bags and waste everyone tries to foist! Every effort counts till we set up a proper global waste management! It is really hard to do something when the society itself you care for, tries to put you down and continue its blissful carelessness, but please, keep up the great work you’ve done so far! Greetings,Colinas de Montealegre Curridabat

4. carry says:

Well, the information that you mention in the above is very helpful and informative for me. Thanks for sharing this information with us.carry

5. Ward says:

The most advanced Best Name Generator. Generate random names, addresses, usernames, passwords, email addresses, and more. Use for software testing, social media, or anything else. Best Name Generator

• Halena Bob says:

This is so interesting. I really excited to run this code that how name turns up into bubbles? I think when I start coding for this program I need to take help on do my nursing assignment for me so I can take the code into running state.

6. expert says:

I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that’s both equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that too few folks are speaking intelligently abouttemple of the tooth relic

7. lisa says:

I hope the best work from you in the future is good. I want to thank you for this site. Thank you for sharing. I am really glad I have found this inform.Get Sober With Therapy & A Chaperon

8. lisa says:

Hi, Are you looking for a home for yourself, your family, staying in Budapest long term due to your work or study? Browse our wide range of properties! Our standard rental contracts are based on a 12 months minimum length and renewable.Immobilien Budapest

9. lisa says:

Thanks for such a fantastic blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently writhing on, and I have been on the look out for such great information.insulated mugs

10. lisa says:

This content has a lot of great information that is apparently intended to make you think. There are excellent points made here and I agree on many. I like the way this content is written, Power Generators

11. lisa says:

That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere. Short but very accurate info Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read post. Darren Wogman

12. lisa says:

Very interesting subject, appreciate it for putting up. “It is much easier to try one’s hand at many things than to concentrate one’s powers on one thing.” by Quintilian. Lisa

13. lisa says:

I needed to thank you for this great read!! I certainly loved every little bit of it. I have got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post SEO services Ireland

14. John Micson says:

I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!. Floor Waxing Newton MA

15. lisa says:

Hurrah, that’s what I was looking for, what a data! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web page. Visit Cape Verde

16. ben stokes says:

I gotta favorite this website it seems very helpful .
    Commercial Solar Service Albuquerque NM

17. lisa says:

Open norton.com/setup to download, install or renew your Norton setup. Here, you can manage and activate your Norton product by visiting norton.com/setup. Norton.com/setup gives you the best protection to protect your computer against viruses, malware, trojans and rootkits from cyber threats. With its energetic features, Norton is one of the best providers of cyber security software. PDF/A conversion for archiving

18. lisa says:

I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve included you guys to blogroll. gaminglight

19. lisa says:

I do consider all the ideas you have introduced to your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for beginners. May just you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.black travel club

20. lisa says:

obviously like your web site however you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to tell the truth however I will surely come again again.

21. John Micson says:

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future… Carpet Cleaning Services in Virginia Beach VA