What are the major projects? In a bulleted list, provide links to the project descriptions for each of them.
- Individual Reading Annotations (6, 300-600 points)http://techwritingf16.robinwharton.net/syllabus-course-info/#Plan||Annotations|0
- Individual Pitch Presentation (1, 125-250 points) http://techwritingf16.robinwharton.net/syllabus-course-info/#Plan||Annotations|0||Bibliography|0
- Collaborative Final Service Learning Client Packet (300-600 points)http://techwritingf16.robinwharton.net/syllabus-course-info/#Plan||Annotations|0||Bibliography|0||BEDescriptions|0||BEAnalysis|0
- Individual Online Professional Profile (1, 125-250 points)http://techwritingf16.robinwharton.net/syllabus-course-info/#Plan||Annotations|0||Bibliography|0||BEDescriptions|0||BEAnalysis|0
How will your final grade be calculated?
- Individual Reading Annotations (6, 300-600 points)
- Individual Pitch Presentation (1, 125-250 points)
- Collaborative Final Service Learning Client Packet (300-600 points)
- Individual Online Professional Profile (1, 125-250 points)
- Participation (400+)
What is the “submission form” and how do you use it? Embed the form below your answer (hint: Google “embed Google form” to find out how).
- The form used to submit assignments (similar to dropbox)
Embed the course calendar and weekly overview below this question.
Where on the course website can you find an overview of what’s due and the readings for each unit?
The unit overview section (What will we be doing)
What is the best way to see an overview of what’s due each week?
Weekly overview section (What is the general plan for the course, and when are things
What is the attendance policy?
“You lose 10 points for each absence or missed class prep assignment. Arriving to class
late will result in a deduction of 5-10 points.”
What are the two ways you can lose points?
“missing class, failing to turn in a project on time, coming to class unprepared, etc., etc.“
What are my office hours, and how do you make an appointment to see me outside of class?
“Office Hours: T/Th 9-11 am, and by appointment; I am able to meet during office hours
or by appointment via Skype or Google Hangout if that works better than an in-person
How do you earn participation credit? Provide a link to the instructions/guidelines for participation.
By being active in class and even pursuing skill building outside of class
How many points can you earn by participating in or organizing a study group session?
Up to 25 points
How can you be assured of earning an “A” in this course?
Complete each project to completion, ensure a strong attendance, and participate. Be
active in learning these skills. 2180 points
What are the minimum requirements for earning a passing grade of “C”?
‘If you complete all of the major projects, come to class prepared, and miss only four class meetings, you will earn at least 1,330 points and a grade of “C.”’
What do you do if you’re not sure how to document your participation in order to earn points?
Discuss with professor and document your work accordingly.
What are the Unit 1 readings and what online tool are you using to annotate them for Reading Annotations 1&2?
Using hypothes.is to annotate and document the follwing readings (from class site):
- Wickman, C. (2014). Wicked Problems in Technical Communication. Journal Of Technical Writing & Communication, 44(1), 23-42.
- The New London Group (1996). A Pedagogy of Multiliteracies: Designing Social Futures. Harvard Educational Review, 66(1) (PDF).
- Schryer, Catherine F. (1993). Records as Genre. Written Communication 10(2), 200-34.
- Albers, Michael J. (2005). The Future of Technical Communication. Technical Communication 52(3).
- Pullman, George and Baotong Gu (2007). “Guest Editors’ Introduction: Rationalizing and Rhetoricizing Content Management.” Technical Communication Quarterly 17.1, 1-9.
- Sullivan, Patricia (1989). Beyond a Narrow Conception of Usability Testing. IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication 32(4).