Why Service learning?
- Authenticity in Learning experience
- Community impact through service
- Multifaceted Networking
- Community-based relationship (gaining the lay of the land experience)
- Perspective interaction
- Connecting the Community and University, allowing a relationship between the two
What’s at Stake with Service Learning?
- Portfolio Additions
- Reference opportunity
- Learn professional adaption
- Increased value of Georgia State experience and degree
- Perception of Georgia State increases with professional community
- Could cultivate a preference for Georgia State applicants for internships and/or jobs
- Potential to find passion
- Job potential
- English degree value increases
- Potential leads to future job or internship
What to Ask During Your Initial Project Meeting
- What do you do?
- What services do you provide?
- What do you sell?
- What would you consider your target demographic?
- Who do you serve?
- What cultural or political issues do we need to be aware of?
- Do we need to be more aware of disability or access accommodations with our project?
- What do you do well already? What would you wish to improve?
- What new channels of communication have worked for you? What has not worked in the past?
- Any interest in revisiting any of these avenues?
- What are your short-term or long-term goals? How would you like to see these reflected in the project?
- What do you think correlates with these goals?
- What do you have already established?
- Do you have examples of what you are looking for?
- Are there any examples of your goal vision?
- Would segmenting your audience be ideal for your goals?
- Any particular things you believe emulates your company and goals?
Brief Notes on Pitch and Group Plans:
Make ideas separately to create a variety of options for the client, several options may be chosen or melded together.