How is the course set up?
This is a fully online course that uses iCollege with additional online component called MyMathLab (MML).
(1) The iCollege component is a learning management system used for virtual office hours, email, calendar, and discussion boards. Some quizzes will be taken in iCollege.
(2) The MyMathLab component is a software package provided by the publisher of the textbook. MyMathLab includes an electronic version of the textbook, video explanations, PowerPoints, videos demonstrating children’s reasoning, free tutoring, interactive manipulatives and homework tutorials. All graded homework and some quizzes will be completed in MyMathLab.
What materials are required?
- Textbook. Click here for ISBN’s
- Option A — Print textbook plus MML Student Access Kit
- Option B — MML Student Access Kit. Because an electronic version of the textbook is available in MML you do NOT have to purchase a textbook unless you choose to do so.
- TI-83 or TI-84 Graphing calculator. A TI-83/TI-84 graphing calculator is required for this course. A TI-89, TI-92 or TI-nspire calculators are not permitted for this course.
What resources are available?
- Overview of sections
- Check Points that include exercises to solidify your understanding of the material
- Videos (click on the links below for sample videos)
- Quiz solutions
- Live sessions
- Review for final exam
What kind of assignments are required?
- article review
- content related discussion posts
- final exam (This exam must be taken at Perimeter College. If you are not from the Atlanta area, you will be required to take your exam at a testing center of an accredited college near you approved by the instructor).