Come out and join the Biology Department for the 2016 AIDSWalk at Piedmont Park.
- No preregistration/payment required.
- The BGSA team will assemble at “Park Tavern” (500 10th St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309) in Piedmont Park at 1:00pm.
- Walk starts at 2:00pm.
- We will meet for lunch following the walk at “Mellow Mushroom Midtown”.
Refer to the map for the AIDSWalk route:
The walk start line is on 10th Street between Monroe and Charles Allen to the right of the stage. At the start of the Walk, participants proceed through the start line and out onto 10th Street at approximately 2:00p.m.
From that point the AIDS Walk and 5K Run route is as follows:
- Exit the Meadow of Piedmont Park at the pedestrian walkway. (Turn right)
- West on 10th Street to Peachtree Street (Turn right)
- North on Peachtree Street to 15th Street/Peachtree Circle (Turn right)
- North on Peachtree Circle to The Prado (Turn Left)
- East and South on The Prado to Piedmont Ave. (Turn right)
- Enter Piedmont Park at 14th Street Gate South along the Active Oval, toward the Visitor’s Center (Turn left)
- East along Lake Clara Meer at the base of Oak Hill to the Finish Line
Check Point Locations:
CP 1: Corner of Peachtree Circle & 15th St. (Triangle)
CP 2: The Prado & Inman Circle (Triangle)
CP 3: The Prado & 17 Street (Triangle)
CP 4: Piedmont Park, just inside 14th St. Gate
To donate click here
For more information about the event click here