Interior Built Environment Description.

Entrance of Coffee Shop

Entrance of Coffee Shop

My interior built environment location was Dancing Goats Coffee Bar located at 419 W Ponce de Leon Ave in Decatur, GA 30030. The coffee shop’s external illusion of limited space is shattered when stepping into the coffee shop and experiencing the spacious layout. The interior design provides an intimate feel through the selection of warm colored flooring, fixtures and walls. The high ceiling also allow noise to be kept to a minimum, while natural lighting illuminates the interior of the building. Dancing goats also places their merchandise in wooden fixtures that compartmentalize their product ranging from t-shirt to tumbler cups. All of the merchandise contained the same Dancing Goats’ logo, but displayed in various methods depending on the actual item its self. Their menu consists of a select number of items; consequently, the menu contains less than twenty items total. Although, Dancing Goats may lack variety, this factor is compensated through their economical pricing. All items on the Dancing Goats menu is less than five dollars, which delivers an aesthetic high priced experience at an economical rate. During my time at the coffee shop I purchased a latte’. The coffee brew of the latte’ itself was produced by the small business owned coffee brewery, Batdorf and Bronson. Upon tasting the latte’ I experience a strong and robust taste after each sip. To accompany the robust sip was the heavy cream that smooth out the edges of bitterness that might have existed within the latte’. My experience of the coffee shop was pleasant and a new perspective into coffee shops outside of the mundane chain coffee establishments such as Starbucks. I plan to make Dancing Goats Coffee Bar in Decatur a regular visiting place, where I can indulge in a great atmosphere and even better coffee.

Sipping Latte'

Sipping Latte’

Sipping in Progress.

Finished Product

Finished Product