You may have noticed that I did not update you this past Monday, as I usually do. Chalk it up to “busy-ness”, I guess. I did manage to snag a photo of the work site, though. Take a look (Click the picture to see it full sized):
Monday, July 20, 2015: I was surprised to see the work site Monday morning. I was not in the office Friday, and when I left Thursday afternoon, the large mound of dirt was still in the center. In that short time on Friday, much of the dirt was moved to the back of the site to support the wall that had been built, and the entire site looked much more level. A set of stairs was added in the center of the site leading down to the grid of holes on the right side.
Friday, July 24, 2015: The site looks cleaner and more tidy somehow. I think that it is because the bottom, right of the site has been smoothed out. Much of the concrete grid has been buried. Just the one, large hole remains. Otherwise, the site looks much like it did Monday.
This week, much work was spent preparing the grid of rebar supports on the right, center of the site. The steel supports are tightly packed and thick. The concrete pumper is in position, ready to fill in the grid.
There was much activity at the back of the site, but there is not a huge amount of visible progress. I am unsure what work was done beyond moving around dirt at that end of the site.
The site prep is taking quite a while and is beginning to look the same from day-to-day and week-to-week. I am curious when we may begin seeing the building go up.