1. What are the major projects? In a bulleted list, provide links to the project descriptions for each of them.
• Reading Summaries (http://spaceplacerhet.robinwharton.net/reading-summaries/)
• Annotated Bibliography (http://spaceplacerhet.robinwharton.net/annotated-bibliography/)
• Built Environment Descriptions (http://spaceplacerhet.robinwharton.net/built-environment-descriptions/)
• Built Environment Analysis (http://spaceplacerhet.robinwharton.net/beanalysis/)
2. How will your final grade be calculated?
I will receive points for attending class and turning in each of the assigned major projects of the course. Along with the point accumulated by submitting the major assignments, I will have the opportunity to earn extra points by completing in-class work, studying, contributing material in the collaborative archive. If I have at least 2,500, I can receive an “A” in the class and 1,475 points amounts to a “C”. The final grade for any number of points between 1,475 and 2,500 will be determined by the top earner of the section.
3. What is the “submission form” and how do you use it?
The Google Doc submission form will be used to turn in all assignments with the exception of the quizzes on Brightspace. When turning in assignments, I must fill out the required fields and provide a link to the submission. I must also click the checkbox that confirms my understanding of the Academic Honesty policy at Georgia State.
4. Embed the form below your answer (hint: Google “embed Google form” to find out how).
5. Embed the course calendar and weekly overview below this question.
6. Where on the course website can you find an overview of what’s due and the readings for each unit?
I can find this information under “Syllabus & Course Info” tab on the course website.
7. What is the best way to see an overview of what’s due each week?
The best way to see what’s due each week is to glance at the Google calendar for the course.
8. What is the attendance policy?
Twenty points will be earned per class for attendance and 20 points lost per absence. Showing up to class late will also result in a reduction of points.
9. What are my office hours, and how do you make an appointment to see me outside of class?
Office hours are Tuesdays from 9:30- 11:30AM in Langdale 970. You can be contacted by email or in person to arrange an appointment to meet. Additionally, there is an option to meet in a video chat online via WebEx or Google Hangouts.
10. How do you earn participation credit? Provide a link to the instructions/guidelines for particiption.
I can easily earn participation credit by attending class. Throughout the course, I must interact with my classmates and instructor.
11. How many points can you earn by participating in or organizing a study group session?
Up to 25 points can be earned by participating in a study group.
12. How can you be assured of earning an “A” in this course?
Earning at least 2500 points.
13. What are the minimum requirements for earning a passing grade of “C”?
Completing the bare minimum for major assignments and earning at least 1475 points.
14. What do you do if you’re not sure how to document your participation in order to earn points?
Write what you do in a blog post and submit the link in the Google doc form.